Monday, February 4, 2013

You Give Me Something To Belive In


Today was a good day with the kids; it was the kind of day Tony and I have been hoping for. I was hesitant to write in praise of the day we had because I didn’t want to jinx us for tomorrow, but I have come to realize that I need to celebrate the good days without fear.

Harper and I got to snuggle today and she did great. She only had a few desaturations and that was when she was wiggling around or I was moving her and when she did d-sat, she popped right back up. It was amazing to be able to hold my daughter without the fear that every alarm that beeped was for her; I didn’t have to stare at her the whole 90 min to see if she was taking deep breaths- I could hear her breathing and I knew she was taking good breaths and it was wonderful.

Jack got to spend his time with his dad today- complete with some kangaroo care. Tony said that Jack did well and showed his appreciation for his dad by spitting up on him and having a dirty diaper. Way to go, Jack!  In other news, he has officially outgrown some of his preemie clothes and I’m getting newborn items ready to take to the NICU. I can’t believe my little man is almost 5 lbs; grow, buddy, grow!

Picture of the day today goes to Miss Harper sporting her new hat with a stylish bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment