Monday, February 25, 2013

8 Weeks Old


I can’t believe the twins are 8 weeks old today- time sure flies. Jack had a good Sunday here at home and Harper had a good Sunday at her private NICU suite.

Jack had a little bit of a rough night on Saturday, insisting that he stay awake for a majority of the 11-2 stretch and beyond (almost 3 before we got him to sleep officially). The night left both Tony and I frazzled and longing for a 28 hour day, if only to sleep for 4 hours without interruption. We also tried out a new schedule the lactation consultant put together for us- we will give it another go tomorrow night and see how it works then. With Tony going back to work on Monday, we have to find a routine that we can really groove. Thank goodness Nana will be back tonight so we can add another person to the rotation.

As for Harper, when I went to see her at 11:30, she wasn’t too interested in eating so I got to snuggle with her while she was fed through her feeding tube. This, apparently, was a good rest break for her because then she completed a bottle at 2:30 pm for her nurse and took 75% of her bottle for Tony at 5:30 pm. I am hoping that this will begin an eating trend, but I’m not holding my breath. In the meantime, Harper has been growing and is up to 5 lbs 6 oz. I hope we can have our little girl home with us by their March 6th due date.

Picture of the day goes to Jack, all snuggled up and sleeping on his dad’s shoulder after his tummy time workout and dinner. Too cute not to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment