Friday, March 29, 2013

Working Mom


The twins now officially have a “working mom” (who was too tired to blog last night). I made it through my first day back and live to tell the tale. It actually wasn’t too bad; my colleagues brought treats to share in the office, a little welcome back party of sorts, and the kids signed a welcome back banner for me. I was surprised how excited the kids were to see me; one senior came by and said she heard I was back because everyone was Tweeting about me. We shall see how long this honeymoon lasts.

While Tony and I were at work, the kids got to stay home and play. Our nanny, Durinda, was here right on time and my mom stayed today also so she could help with the transition. Mom said Durinda was great with the kids and the kids, in turn, were good for her. They got to take turns in the bouncy chairs, swing, and hammock, and mom even snapped this very sweet picture of the two of them hanging out in Harper’s crib.  The twins also got a visit from their Pop who came by and had lunch, and then cuddled with some sleepy babies- we call it putting the “sleeper hold” on them. Pop is great at getting his grandkids to calm down when they’re tired and fighting sleep.
 
We are lucky enough to have some great neighbors who brought by dinner so Tony didn’t have to cook and we spent the evening visiting with my parents and watching some college basketball. Jack picked one spot, his hammock, and slept there most of the evening; meanwhile, Miss Harper played musical chairs and would sit any place we put her, but only for 45 minutes or so and then she would demand a change of scenery- this should be fun to deal with as she gets bigger.  We did get a very cute picture of her snuggling with her brother’s “lovey”, the frog. My dad handed it to her when she was fussing and that thing kept her busy for 30 minutes.

In other news, Jack’s swallow study is at 10:30 this morning- I hope to have some answers to his horrible reflux by lunch- fingers crossed. We could all hear it coming up last night after he ate, and the poor guy, couldn't get comfortable to sleep. This is starting to impact him in more ways than one and I want to get him any relief I can. I will keep everyone posted with the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment