Friday, March 22, 2013

Say Uncle


With two days left in Tony’s vacation, we spent the morning at the doctor’s office finishing up our “twin to-dos”. Today was shot day; the twins get a synagis shot to help boost their immunity to RSV and this was the last shot of the season. Poor kiddos both cried pretty hard, but I was very thankful I had Tony with me to help soothe and comfort. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like to take both kiddos to the doctor by myself; I hope I don’t have to know for a long time.

Upon returning from the doctor, we were visited by three travelers: Nana, Pop, and Uncle Tanner. Uncle Tanner came by for the second time while he’s home and this time, he was given more responsibility which included feeding and burping Jack, and changing a diaper. He passed all tests put before him, and can no longer claim he has no idea what to do with a baby. After all the excitement of diaper changes and eating, Uncle Tanner and Jack had to rest- it’s very important to get your rest when you’re a growing boy or a college student.  When naptime was over, Uncle Tanner spent some time with Harper; the funny faces he would make mesmerized her. It’s so great to see my kiddos interacting with their uncle before he goes back to school; remember our NICU had strict visitation policies, so they haven’t met any of their aunts and uncles yet, besides Tanner.  One uncle down, three uncles and three aunts to go!

We also spent some time today working in the nursery and Tanner helped me with an art project for the nursery wall. Considering my inadequate art ability, I was very pleased with the final product and will post pictures of the nursery as it comes together. Tomorrow Mimi and I are hoping to find fabric for the nursery drapes and we are all going to enjoy Tony’s last day off from work as a family.

Pictures of the day go to Uncle Tanner enjoying quality time with Harper and Jack.


No comments:

Post a Comment