Sunday, March 24, 2013

We're Gonna' Miss This- Vol. 1

The twins are twelve weeks old today- wow, yes, twelve weeks. Where does the time go? I found myself looking through all of the pictures of the twins today- from the moment they took their first breaths, the day they were granted permission to wear clothes, when they first saw each other, their first baths, their last day on oxygen, the last moment spent inside the confines of the NICU. Twelve weeks and I can't believe how much they've changed already. I'm so thankful for the pictures we have, because I don't want to forget a single moment of it- even the bad days I want to remember because they remind me how lucky I really am.

I heard a song in the car today that talked about different phases of life and the chorus promised, "you're going to miss this; you're going to want this back. You're going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..." I can't help but feel that way already and I'm only a few weeks into this whole parenting thing.  So, with the thought in mind that one day my children will no longer fit on my lap, and won't smell of baby lotion, and fall asleep in my arms- so sad, with those things in mind I decided to chronicle some things that I never want to forget.

Today I'll focus on Jack, my little man, and two great pictures, both very important to me for different reasons. The first picture is of Jack sitting in "his chair" (borrowed from the Sterlings- shout out), and he has scooted down almost to the point of falling out, thrown off his blanket, and somehow managed to get his burp rag on his head- what a mess, but the look on his face is adorable and makes me want to scoop him up and laugh with him. He always brings a smile to my face.


The second picture speaks for itself. These are my favorite moments of the day; when he's too big to hold and cuddle, this is what I will miss the most.  Grow up, grow big and strong, but don't be in too much of a hurry, my Little Man; don't be in too much of a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment