Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hey Good Lookin'



When my kids were born, I didn’t think they looked alike and, because they’re fraternal boy/girl twins, I never thought they would. The first time I got a good look at my kids, they didn’t look much like babies at all, aside from their size. They were born so early that they didn’t go through the “plumping up process”- they were not born with chubby cheeks and roly-poly legs. My twins, instead, looked like little adults. They had long, slender fingers and toes and features that looked like an adult, just on a much smaller scale. Now, however, as my babies get chubby cheeks, and little double chins, and put some good fat on their bodies, I think they’re starting to look alike. I can’t help but smile to see the weight they’ve gained and the progress they’ve made.

Speaking of progress- here’s the quick update on each kiddo today.

Jack- spent the majority of his day sleeping. We tried a new swaddle/sleep sack with him that helps him to feel much more secure than the blanket we were swaddling him in before. This has lead to hours of uninterrupted sleep (before he would grunt and roll around and try and kick free of the swaddle). I’m hoping this new discovery will afford him the rest he needs to continue to grow big and strong.

Harper- completed two bottles for the day shift nurse and attempted a bottle with Tony (took 37 ml of 52) and nursed with me then was offered a bottle immediately after (something we’ve never tried) and she took 10 ml. If you’ve been following the blog, you know that this is the most milk Harper has taken via bottle- ever. Tony and I are excited to see that she’s making progress and hope it continues. The nurse practitioner said that, aside from learning to eat from a bottle, everything looks wonderful with her.


Pictures of the day today are a side by side of the kids when we first saw them in the NICU and what they look like now- my how far we’ve come.

No comments:

Post a Comment