Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We're Gonna' Miss This- Vol. 2


As I sit at the kitchen table typing the blog, I can hear Tony in the babies’ room moving the antique rocker back and forth in rhythm. He’s got a little girl in a pink sleep sack curdled up on his shoulder; she’s great at playing possum and then popping those eyes open as soon as her head hits the mattress. Everyone has taken a shift rocking and soothing tonight in an effort to get those kiddos to sleep. It just seems that all they want to do is snuggle and cuddle, and to be honest, if I could go to work with both of them strapped to me, I would.

Then I think, in a few months, they’ll be too big to scoop them both up at the same time, and in the blink of an eye, I will be asking them to come and sit on my lap and give me a hug and they will be the ones too preoccupied to rush to my side. I know that day will come far sooner than I am prepared for. So, to get us through this clingy baby phase, I remind Tony that one day his little girl won’t fit snuggled up on his shoulder- a sad reality.

In the mean time, Mom and I had a productive day working in the nursery and getting things ready for the big day tomorrow. I was lucky enough to get to take breaks from my work to feed and love on the kiddos- note the picture of my lunch date today. She was very serious about talking to me and to her Nana while we were eating.

I also had a little helper while I sorted laundry and hung baby clothes; note her protector lying on the floor. Abby has been great about tolerating the crying and the new smells and the people who come by to see the babies and not her. She’s such a good big sister that we take her for granted, so a big shout out to Abigail and her calm demeanor around the kiddos.

I sign off tonight to hop in bed early so I can make it out the door in the morning and back to reality. If you are a prayerful person, I would appreciate a quick prayer for our family tomorrow; thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment