Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Dairy Diary


This update isn’t 100% about the babies, but a quick update about what our house has been like since the arrival of the twins. Now I know that most of you are thinking that since the twins aren’t home Tony and I are taking advantage of all the time to sleep as much as we can.  Well, that’s not necessarily the case. I can’t feed the twins while they’re in the hospital and I’m at home, so I am pumping as much milk as I can to deliver to the hospital so my babies can have breast milk to eat.

While this is a very rewarding task, it is also time consuming. I pump every 3-4 hours around the clock, which involves waking up more than I’d like to, doing lots of dishes, and becoming an expert at liquid measurements. The reason I’m putting this in the post, is because the bedside nurses have told me that I have maxed out the room allowed for me to store milk at the hospital (1 fridge bin and 3 freezer bins) and I will now need to start freezing bottles at home myself.  This made me feel awesome- I am doing something right to help my babies and I’m doing a decent job providing for the two little ones!

So, the pictures today are our three “children”- the two who are growing big and strong, thanks to the pumping I’ve done, and the one “furry child” who gets up with me every night while I pump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment