Monday, January 28, 2013

4 Weeks Ago...


Our little babies were born 4 weeks ago today (Sunday); it seems like they’ve endured so much in their short little lives. I am in awe of the resiliency of my children- so many medical obstacles and still they’re so sweet and seemingly happy.

Today we got to hold Harper and Jack. Jack nursed a little bit and then snoozed with his arms crossed under his head like he was lying on the couch watching television. When I put him back in his bassinet after he was done eating, I talked to him and told him we loved him and we’d see him tomorrow. This is the time that my child decided to start “cueing” (acting like he was hungry). I gave him his pacifier instead and he went to town, even using his own hand to hold his pacifier in. Maybe that will help improve his “lazy latch”.

Tony held Miss Harper today. When we walked in this morning the nurse informed us that she didn’t have any bradys all night!  When Tony was holding her, she had a brady- not the best timing.  The nurses say that she just gets so comfortable and happy when she’s held that she relaxes so much and forgets to breathe.  So, we’re working with nurses to learn new positions to use when holding her to help keep her airways open the whole time (positions that keep her chin off her chest and her neck in proper alignment). So, I’m hoping that tomorrow when I hold her, I can put some of those techniques to good use.

Picture of the day goes to Jack and (as his Aunt J would say) his “fooler”.

No comments:

Post a Comment