Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Month Old


Our babies are a month old today! I can’t believe Jack and Harper were born one month ago. In some ways the time has flown by, in other ways the days seem to drag on. Harper’s breathing problems are still present- she seems to be touch and go these days in terms of when her bradys will set in. I have spent most of my time trying to find better positions to use when I hold her, reading all about preemie reflux problems (something we found out Harper suffers from), and praying the alarm will not go off and she will not change from her pretty pink to “dusky” pale or (like today) an alarming blue. I cannot wait until my beautiful, sweet, sassy girl outgrows these episodes. Lord, please help her to breath deep and grow fast.

Jack got a treat today and got to be held on three different occasions: I gave him a bottle and nursed him today, Tony kangarooed with him, and Nana got to hold him while he was getting his gavage feeding. What a busy day for a little man- he’s growing bigger by the day, just like sister, and is getting better at eating from a bottle. I look at him everyday and I think he looks just like a little man. He has so many of Tony’s facial expressions and instead of crying when he’s upset, he grunts. He’s also getting better about waking up when he hears a voice he knows and he loves to look around while he eats- he’s so wide- eyed and takes in everything around him. Prayers for my little Jack too, our sweet boy, that he grows big and strong as well.


Pictures for today are pictures of them 1 month ago, they day they were born. Check out how much they’ve changed already.

No comments:

Post a Comment