Saturday, January 26, 2013

Reunited And It Feels So Good


I finally got to see my babies again after a 48-hour fever banishment. They both looked great today and I am happy to report that both were glad to see their Momma.


Harper was feeling much better when I saw her today. I went in and opened her isolette and put my hand on her cheek and told her that her I was there and I loved her very much. She opened up her eyes and pulled her hands up to mine and curled up her little feet. I’m not sure if it was because I startled her and it was a reflex or she was genuinely happy to see me, but either way it warmed my heart- I needed to see my girl doing better. As you know, she has been having some trouble with her breathing lately and was started on some precautionary antibiotics. They put an IV in her foot, but little feisty girl did NOT like and kept pulling it out, so now she’s sporting an IV in her head. They told us that she should get those out in the next couple of days.

Jack had a big today because he had a visitor that got to hold him. Papa came in town this weekend and got to sit and hold Jack while Jack ate. Jack has been handling his food pretty well so he’s down to 45 min. feeds and he seems to be doing well with that. He was in good spirits, wide eyed and alert while Papa held him. I’m told that he was enamored with the A&M hat that Papa was wearing- it must be the bright color because Jack knows better than to root for those farmers- he’s a lumberjack, of course.

Today was a good day for the little ones and we pray for many more good days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment