Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Same Story, Different Day



Jack’s update is first- he looked great today. We spent his “lunch hour” nursing for about 10 min (he did better this time than he did last time- improvement is good) and then Jack took a nap while I looked back and forth between my son lying on my chest and my daughter lying in her bed right next to me. It was nice to have them so close to each other and it made me thankful they moved rooms last week. Jack also got to spend some time with his Nana who came by today. They talked after his nap and she held him for a moment. Jack was napping and peaceful when we left today.

Harper was also peaceful when Nana and I left today, but she didn’t stay that way long… While I was there, Harper was breathing well; she interacted well with the occupational therapist that came by to evaluate her mobility. She doesn’t have some stiffness she did last time, and her reflexes are better this time. Mom and I tucked her in after her evaluation and she looked great. When Tony got to her three hours later, he said she was having breathing problems. He tried to hold her while she ate and she had desaturations and bradys pretty much the whole time. The nurse finally suggested Tony put Harper back in her bed because her breathing just wasn’t getting better. This, naturally, upset Tony and the situation has confused me. Yesterday when I held Harper, I was able to find a good position for her, today the “sweet spot” doesn’t exist. So, we have something to work on tomorrow. In other news, here is Harper modeling the new outfit from her Great Mama Reba- I think she likes it.  Please send prayers that Harper’s breathing tomorrow will be better than today, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment