Thursday, June 6, 2013

Life Long Readers

So my goal is to make Harper and Jack life long readers- I loved books as a kid, still love them as an adult, and I want to pass that love on to my kids. I have already been putting together a list of titles I need to purchase for their growing library.

So, Tuesday night when the kids were being fussy and Tony was fixing dinner, I thought maybe a book would do the trick and entertain the little ones. Turns out the book was a hit!  I read Brown Bear, Brown Bear four times before dinner was ready and even then, they were still paying attention. Jack was happy, kicking his feet and talking back as I read. I was one pleased Momma, for sure. I know the kids loved the illustrations, so now I'm on the hunt for large board books with big pictures. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions of kids books I need to put on my list.




1 comment:

  1. We also love "The Little Blue Truck," "Goodnight Gorilla," "Polar Bear, Polar Bear What do You Hear?" and "But Not the Hippopotamus"...to name a few :-)

    ReplyDelete