Friday, May 31, 2013

5 Months

It is 6:26 AM and I am sitting on my bathroom floor, leaning against the tub to type this blog. I'm holed up in my bathroom because my husband is asleep in the bedroom, my mother-in-law and kids are asleep in the opposite hallway of the house, and my mom is asleep in the loft upstairs. The bathroom is my only refuge to type without waking up someone who needs to sleep well so they can be rested to help me take care of the twins.

Today is the last day that both of our moms will be in town helping us out and Tony and I are thankful they've been here. We could not have made the last two weeks work without their help. It's been great to watch them play with the kids and to see their faces- all four faces- light up when they smile and laugh.

It was also wonderful to have "The Moms" here ysterday for the kids 5 month "birthday". They told me they sang "Happy Birthday" to the kids while Tony and I were at work. When I got home from work, it was nice to have someone to help me take the monthly pictures; I can't imagine I'll be able to get them both to sit still in the chair while I snap pictures for too much longer.

My momentary hide-out must be given up; through the monitor I can see Jack rolling side to side and making whimpering noises. This poor kid has a cold that makes it hard to breathe in the mornings. I guess it's time to jump on mom duty and grab the snot sucker to start my day.

Here are the 5 month pictures- enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. They are getting so big. I am so happy to see them growing and doing so well.

    ReplyDelete