Sunday, March 1, 2015

Snow Babies

The kids had a fun start to their weekend with two Friday surprises:

-Nana and Pop came over for a visit
-We got snow- lots of fluffy, fun to play in snow

When I got home from work on Friday, Tony and I bundled up the kids in snow suits, hats, and boots that we'd gotten in the hand-me down box and we traipsed around the backyard with Nana and Abby.







Both of the kids thought it was funny to walk through the snow and they especially loved trying to pick it up and throw it. We decided that it would fun to have the kids make snow angels. Both Jack and Harper were a little nervous about why I was laying them down in the cold wet snow, but they giggled when they got up and saw the results of their work.








We only stayed out about 10 minutes, but the kids had a great time and were asking for "more snow, more snow" when we came back in. I decided the best way to warm up was hot chocolate for everyone, so we all had a snack and then Nana and Pop made the trek back to their house.

Saturday morning we awoke to icy roads and cold temperatures, and quickly decided that we would be spending the day inside. The kids had fun coloring, building towers, watching Disney, and playing with flashlights. Here are some great shots of the flashlight games the kids were playing.



Harper also enjoyed helping Tony make tacos for lunch.


Tony and I decided to do some yoga Saturday afternoon, and Jack woke up from his nap and wanted to yoga with his daddy. So, here are some pictures of my yogis- Jack thought it was great!


Sunday morning was still cold and rainy, so the kids spent the whole day in their pajamas. We continued activities from Saturday and did chores around the house. I braved the weather to go to the gym, and Tony braved the elements to go run to the store for us, but we pretty much hunkered down and enjoyed our time with our little ones. Jack wanted to go out into the snow, but it was melting quickly; he compensated by wearing his snow boots around the house- even golfing in them. I guess we'll have to make a trek to see some of our relatives in the colder states so the kids can make use of the snow gear again.
Today is the first time I heard Harper say "I love you, Momma"and I still can't think about it without smiling. This girl is growing into a very independent ("Harper do it!"), polite (she says "excuse me" when she's trying to walk around me or Abby), and incredibly sweet girl. I hope that she stays this sweet- I know that the world with do its best to tear her down, but I pray that my girl will always keep her smile.

Here's hoping this week will be a less snowy, a little warmer, and filled with lots of love and shenanigans with these two little ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment