Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ice Days

The weather around our parts has been crazy. We had "thunder sleet" on Sunday night that canceled school for Monday and Tuesday as well. Tony was also off work on Monday and had a "late arrival" day on Tuesday, so we got to have some time together as a family and enjoy our extended weekend.

We spent most of the day on Monday in our pajamas drinking hot chocolate, coloring, and watching Mickey Mouse. The kids were excited to see the ice, but neither Tony nor I ventured outdoors- we decided we couldn't risk the kids slipping and falling on the ice, so we opted to look through the windows.

Harper also discovered "tea party" over the ice days, and we have had a few tea parties since then. She enjoys trotting out all the cups and bowls and making "cookies" for her guests. Harper was quick to correct me when I asked if she was having another tea party later this week. She said "No, Momma, hot chocolate!"  Apparently we only have hot chocolate parties in this house. :)


Harper invited Jack to join in on the fun- on a quick side note, she has been super sweet to her brother lately, even giving him an unsolicited hug today; I love that girl. Jack was given a bowl and a spoon, but he quickly replaced his assigned silverware with something much more his speed so he could better eat his pretend ice cream, a ladle.

Oh, on a totally unrelated note- Jack has started really talking in full, conversational sentences this week  and for the first time Jack said "I love you, Momma". It melted my heart, and made me want to scoop him up and never let him go. I hope he'll stay a sweet boy forever. He also had a tummy ache that I asked him about when I got home from work- he'd been fussy and had been having bad reflux. I asked him, "Jack, does your tummy hurt?" to which he replied, "yes, now it feels better". I was blown away. I love that he's communicating so well. Harper has also surprised us with new words and phrases like "thank you" anytime you hand her something- such a polite girl. I don't know when these two got to be so big, but I feel like every time I turn around, they're learning something new.

The remainder of the week has passed by pretty quickly, and I caught up on a variety of chores while I was home for two days, so now I'm hoping to have a more restful weekend. We are supposed to get another round of snow/wintery mix tomorrow, so we may have some more snow day pictures to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment