Monday, March 30, 2015

Tired Toddlers and Full Hearts

We have some funny pictures this weekend and some great moments that we captured on film- I was excited to write our blog this weekend, so I hope you enjoy reading it.

Our weekend was busier than normal with some exciting goings on that we took part in, but it started with a low key Friday night. I got home from work and we decided to take the kids out for Mexican food (something that is becoming a bit of a tradition at our house). We enjoyed eating dinner, but the kids had the most fun waiting for the table. We found a little nook and let the kids play- here's a sneak peek into their laugh-fest.


 I also managed to snap a picture of Harper and her daddy while we were waiting for the bill.
Saturday morning I went to the gym to finish out a competition I'd been doing each week for the last few weeks. Tony brought the kids up to watch me do a simple, but exhausting workout; I felt like I was working hard but not making much headway, and then I looked up and saw Harper clapping for me and smiling at me, and I couldn't help but smile back and get to work. It was wonderful to have my family there cheering me on. I didn't take any pictures of the kids this week, but here are some pictures from the kids playing at the gym two weeks ago after the competition- these are the pictures that Tony took and sorted through. 




Saturday afternoon we had a celebratory lunch after the competition and Jack and Harper got to tag along as the only kids at a table of 15 adults. H & J  were so well behaved and I was impressed with their patience while we waited on our food. In fact, the kids did so well at lunch that we decided a trip to the park was in store for the kiddos. So, after our "rest time" (I say rest because they did not take a nap) we had snacks and headed to meet friends at a new park we'd never been to. The weather was beautiful and the kids were clad in shorts and t-shirts as they explored the play structure and climbed up and down stairs, slid down slides, and ran all over the park. While we had a good time, the heat was a factor (I can't imagine what the 100 plus degrees this summer will feel like), and the kids would sit down at the top of a slide and declare "too hot" and then walk back down the steps. When did they get to be so big and express so much?

Sunday morning we woke up to two happy kiddos singing and playing in their beds. Harper immediately asked for pancakes for breakfast, so I set out to make breakfast while the kids played with Tony. We ran errands in the morning and wore the kids out enough to take a good nap before hitting up the most exciting event of the weekend, the Easter egg hunt at a local church. The kids had never hunted eggs before, but they picked it up quickly were thrilled to find that the eggs had prizes in them. 




After hunting eggs, we stopped off at the bounce house. Jack was so excited to jump that he didn't even mind the bigger kids jumping around him. Harper was not as confident, and she stayed in the bounce house for only a few minutes before bailing out to look through her Easter egg prizes one more time. Meanwhile, I had to coax Jack out of the bounce house after Tony and Harper had gotten in line for the petting zoo.


The petting zoo turned out to be fun for all four of us. The kids got to pet goats, ducks, guinea pigs, piglets, bunny rabbits, and chicks. Each time Jack would pet an animal, he would squeal with delight and grin so wide that you could see all this teeth. Harper got to do two things that we bright spots: she got to hold a chicken, and she got to brush a piglet. I'm not sure she was 100% sold on the chicken or the piglet, but she did have a good time while she was in the petting zoo.




Needless to say, the kids were ready to head to bed on Sunday night and they slept well. Tony and I both rolled into bed early as well; we were tired, but our hearts were so full that it made the busy pace of the weekend well worth it...totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment