Sunday, March 8, 2015

Snow Day Part 2

Last week we had an unexpected snow day here in Texas and the kids once again dawned their snow gear to frolic in the white wintery wonder.

I was off school, but Tony had to go into work, so I bundled up the kiddos (a task that took a little more time than I thought it would) and headed outside with the camera to capture their snow day reactions.

The snow this time around was...well...snow. The last time the kids played outside there was more ice than real, fluffy snow and the snow wasn't sticky, but this snow was fluffy and deep and the kids loved it. Here are some of my favorite shots of these littles ones.










Jack also liked throwing snow onto the fence and knocking snow off the fence...



They thought it was funny to sit in their deck chairs out in the snow...



They tried to play catch with the snow...


They enjoyed making snow angels, of course...


And this time they checked out the snow covered trees...


Oh yeah, and we had a very frisky pup who loved the snow as much as the kids did.


After our snow outing, the kids came in and ate some lunch and took a nap. When they woke up, the temperature was in the upper 40's, the sun was out, and the streets were totally clear, so I packed up the kids and bundled them in the stroller with coats, hats, gloves, and blankets, and we went on a walk with Abby.




Abby was not happy about having to walk in the street (the sidewalks were still slushy), but the kids had a great time looking for snowmen and then commenting on what they were wearing- mostly hats and scarves, though we did see one in a bikini!

The snow day with the kids was a nice break in the middle of the week, and I think we made the most of it.

In other news this week, Harper continues to enjoy cooking, and she even helped me make dinner Wednesday night. We had turkey hash and oven-roasted asparagus; Harper snapped all the asparagus and helped me get everything ready. She is such a good helper!

Jack, meanwhile, cooked a "pizza" in his little kitchen. I heard him tell me he was making a pizza, and then looked over to see this:
He had pulled out the storage baskets in the kitchen and was standing on them to make him taller so he could use more the "features" in the kitchen. I just shook my head- where did he learn to do that?

Here's my favorite family moment of the week:

The kids took Tony hostage after work and demanded Daddy's attention- too cute.

I couldn't close tonight without two final thoughts about Harper:

1. Here's a picture of her and her tv watching perch, that is until Mom saw her and made her climb down. Notice the little grin on her face- daredevil.

2. Tony and I were putting the kids to bed this week and Harper and I were talking about ballerinas, and she immediately started dancing. So, I'll end with a picture of our dancing queen.

Stay tuned for spring break adventures coming up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment