Monday, May 19, 2014

Porch Babies and Pigtails

Our two little ones are officially in summer time mode! This weekend Tony and I got some gear for the great outdoors and our back porch is outfitted for some great summer fun. The kids have been enjoying chasing balls, sitting in their lawn chairs, and looking for leaves in the yard.

On Friday Durinda took the kiddos for a walk to observe the roofers working down the street. They were so excited to walk around outside, and I'm sure poor Durinda got her workout trying to herd the kids down the street.

Tony and I also had a scare Friday night when we heard Abby barking and looked out the backyard to find a 4 foot Texas Rat Snake in our backyard. Tony was very chivalrous and went outside to drive the snake away. He blinded the snake with a flashlight, and caused the snake such annoyance that it slithered out the back gate and across the driveway, never to be seen again. I was very glad to find out this snake is not dangerous to people and is nomadic (meaning it has not taken up residence in our backyard-whew!)

 The other development of the weekend is that Harper now has enough hair to sport some pigtails and she looks so stinkin' cute in them. I think this new hairdo fits her fiesty little personality and her sweet side all at once. We took the new hairstyle for a spin while we ran errands and had lunch- I think it was a hit.

My mom came into town on Sunday night to help us with the kiddos for a couple of weeks while Durinda has some well earned vacation time. Nana was the first person who got to play with the kids and their new outdoor set up; I was lucky enough to get to join them when I got off work.  Here are some shots of the kids outback playing; we had to forcibly bring them in.



I also got to sneak in a little snuggle time with these two this weekend. I forgot how long it's been since the three of us have all been crowded together; it reminded me of all those days on hospital bed rest when it was just me and Harper and Jack. I know that it sounds odd, but when we're all snuggled together, I feel like there's a peace about me. I wouldn't trade this moment, and I am so happy Tony snapped a picture of this. I know these moments are fleeting and I am thankful they exist at all.  

I'm counting down the days until summer and gearing up to spend some time playing outside with the kiddos- I can't wait! Who can turn down these two?


No comments:

Post a Comment