Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

I normally post on Sundays, but our computer was acting funny and then life happened, and now I'm finally sitting down to update the blog about Mother's Day. Here's a shout out to the two little blessings who made me a Momma!

This past weekend was a busy one for me. Friday night I rested as best as I could because Saturday was my very first Crossfit competition. My team came in 24th overall out of 58 teams and we finished with our best performing workout, so that was a huge plus. I was so nervous that I would let my team down, but I did my best and I was happy with my performance overall. Tony was a huge supporter and camped out at the competition to act as team mom and official photographer.
While Tony and I were away, Harper and Jack got to play with Nana and Pop who came up to take care of them. We are forever in debt to both sets of grandparents for their willingness to watch babies and allow us to have some resemblance of our for former lives. I think the kids had a good day; they got waffles for breakfast, ate all their Chick-Fil-A for lunch, played outside, and were pooped when we got home around dinner time.  My mom showed us video of Harper dancing and Jack was working on his Jeep, so I think the kids must have been happy about their Saturday.

Sunday morning Tony took the kids and I out to breakfast for Mother's Day; they were great at breakfast and were so excited to have biscuits while we waited for our food. Harper squealed with delight when she saw the waitress bringing the biscuits to the table- I think we have a future carboholic on our hands.

After breakfast and a nap, we loaded up and headed to Great Granny's for lunch. Granny made pot roast, carrots, squash, potatoes, rolls, salad, and jello- so yummy and very much needed after our competition. Harper's favorite foods were the rolls (surprised?) and Granny's pound cake which she happily accepted bites of from anyone willing to feed her.
Pop trying to steal a bite of Harper's pound cake- she had none of it!
Great Granny's house is one of Harper and Jack's favorite places to play because she has so many neat things to play with (like coasters, a carpet ball, magnets, dolls, and teddy bears), and because her house is set up in a circle, so the kids can walk around and around and around. We spent most of the time at Granny's following kids around. Aunt Becky also got up in the attic and pulled down an old rocking chair that belonged to my Paw-Paw and was made for him by his grandfather. We decided the piece was close to 90 years old; I'm so glad I got to chance to snap some shots of the kids playing in the chair; they were so excited it was just their size.

The kids also had a great time playing outside at Granny's house; her backyard was a new place to explore and Jack didn't want to come inside. My mom said I'm going to have to check his pockets because he'll be the one bringing in rocks, leaves, worms, etc.

We packed up and came home just in time for the kids to have dinner and for me to open my Mother's Day gifts: a massage, a gift card to get some work clothes, and a book that I wanted- what a great Mother's Day! :)

Here's a picture from last year of me, my kids, and my mom, and my grandmothers- 4 generations- Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment