Thursday, May 15, 2014

Big Kids

I've been thinking all week, "when did these kids get so big?" I know that they're working on 17 months old, and I am elated to see them growing and learning, but I am also floored that my babies don't look like "babies" anymore. It seems like from 8- 12 months they pretty much looked the same, but in the last three months, they have changed so much. This week they were excited about going for a walk, but even more excited about going through the mail when we got home, and Harper spent some time before dinner tonight rearranging the kitchen chairs-a future interior designer, perhaps? Jack has figured out how to get me to pick him up; those waving hands get me every time. I know one day he will run from me instead of running to me; I pray I will appreciate those waving hands...






The other interesting thing happening this week is the evolution of Harper's hair. She has grown so much hair in the last three months that we're not quite sure what to do with her new mop. We have tried hair clips and headbands, and between Harper and her curious brother, Jack, they never last very long. Durinda suggested we try some small, clear ponytail holders, so the kids and I picked some up while we were at Target yesterday. Here is the evolution of Harper's hair and her new ponytail. I think she looks so big with her hair up in the last picture- when did she get so big?

I'll leave you with a final peek into our living room tonight. What a wonderful picture; I love seeing this.


No comments:

Post a Comment