Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sick Days

It's been almost a week since I last updated the blog and it has been an exhausting week for me and for Tony. We had a busy weekend planned, but everything was side tracked when Tony and I both got sick on Saturday evening. We had some sort of stomach bug and by the time we put the kids to bed, it was all I could do to crawl into my own bed.

Tony and I spent the remainder of the weekend laying on the couch, napping in shifts, and sipping ginger ale. We let the kids have the run of the play mat and Abby supervised from her chair. Abby was very concerned that both Tony and I were sick and no one was watching the kiddos. Abby would run to one of us on the couch when the babies would fuss, like she was in charge of making sure we didn't forget about the babies.

Now that it's Tuesday, Tony is feeling better and is working. I'm still not 100%, but at least I can eat some food. My mom, the babies, and I are in Oklahoma visiting the Quetones, so I have plenty of help. The kids did great on the car ride; they even got to have their bottles parked off of some farm road in the shade (because the Braum's where we stopped was too exciting and the kids couldn't be bothered with eating), and the they are enjoying their play time at Great Mama Reba and Great Grandpa's.

I am so thankful Tony and I made it through the weekend and here's to no more stomach bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment