Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hot Water

This week has been interesting for a couple of reasons: school has started and I'm back to work, and- oh yeah- we haven't had hot water since Sunday. We had noticed a gas odor in our backyard and Sunday afternoon the odor was very strong, so Tony called our gas company. They came in and said we had a leak underground in the backyard. The gas company told us to call a plumber and then they shut off our gas, which left us with no hot water. One plumber came out and quoted us an outrageous price on Monday, a better quote came in on Tuesday, work was done on Wednesday, and the gas was turned back on today. We are lucky that our dear friends let us shower at their house (shout out to the Sterlings!) and we have the ability to boil water to wash bottles. Thank goodness for hot water from the tap- I wouldn't have made a good pioneer woman.

The kids have had a great week with Durinda. I am sad to leave them, but so happy that they're with someone who cares about them so much and I know that they're learning and having lots of fun. Harper's eating has been better the past couple of days, and both she and Jack are doing well eating their fruit each day. I love coming home to their little smiling faces and hearing about the things they discovered that day. For instance, today when I got home, Harper scooted/crawled over to me and climbed into my lap- that was wonderful. Jack also got up on his hands and knees (with a little help) and then started rocking back and forth- so exciting that he is putting these movements together. It's really cool to literally be able to watch my children learn- amazing.

I thought I'd share some of the funny photos of the week- enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment