Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Schedule Change

Well, our house has survived the first two days of back-to-work mode. This new schedule includes an early morning wake-up call for the twins (6:30) and an even earlier morning wake up call for me. I have been bouncing out of bed before dawn to get Abby's walk in before Tony and I get the kids up for breakfast. So far, so good. Tomorrow will be the big test with my earliest day this week. Let's hope things run smoothly. When I get home from walking Abby, I give the kids their medicine (which usually wakes them up) and I have 20 minutes to get myself ready before it's time for the kids to eat. Here's a picture of what I found on Monday when I walked out of the bathroom after getting dressed.  Harper was sleeping in an extra few minutes, while Jack was up talking- guess who takes after their mom and who takes after their dad!

We are very happy to have Durinda back this school year; we could not be more excited to have her. We know that the kids are in great hands and I think that they're going to be little handfuls this fall, for sure. Harper has already pulled her "I won't eat my bottle" routine and Durinda called her bluff, and after that, Harper took 90% of every bottle offered her for the rest of the day. Jack has tried the "I'm a big boy and don't take naps" routine; Durinda also called his bluff on that and he fell asleep taking his bottle. I think he'll take a nap next time. Here's a picture of Harper napping today; Durinda sent this to me and Tony and I cracked up. We have no idea how she got her lovey to balance like that; Durinda said she slept that way for an hour- too funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment