Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Home Bodies

What have we been up to the last couple of days? Not much and we are all really enjoying the quiet time. Tuesday, aside from walking Abby, the kids and I didn't leave the house until we went to the gym at 6pm and it was wonderful. I know the kids are pretty good little travelers, but I also know that they love to be down playing and exploring more than they want to be in their "adventure chairs" stuck in the car (or in a doctor's office).

So, here are some pictures of our time spent at home. Abby has been a big focus of the twins' attention and Harper has been petting Abby (with my help). Well, Harper finally got her chance to get close to Abby when we were all the twins' room and Abby let herself get backed into a corner. The whole exchange was very sweet and I thought I would see Harper crawl for the first time- she was so determined to get to Abby (no crawling yet, still scooting and rolling).

We also got in some great naps on our days at home. Today I had Harper sleeping on top of me and Jack curled up next to me and Abby was on the floor to our right- it was a wonderful moment and I thanked God I got to experience it- it's the little things in life that mean the most. I know that I'll miss my nap time with the kiddos when I head back to work (in less than a month-ugh).


The other thing we had time for was more food experiences. After talking with the therapist, she suggested I try oatmeal and a fruit or veggie because the texture would be easier for the kiddos. So, for the past couple of days we've been working on oatmeal and butternut squash. The kids aren't quite sure what to think about it. They both made silly faces and were not overly excited about actually eating the food, but they were both thrilled to feed themselves. Jack and Harper both grabbed onto the spoon and wouldn't let go. If this is how all our eating experiences go, it will be very messy. The therapist said the inital eating is just practicing new textures and learning how to gum and swallow and not push food out, so I'm trying to make the experience as pleasant as possible for the kids (and end on a high note, with smiling faces).

One last thing- I want to brag a little bit. Tony and I cleared out our deep freeze and I donated almost all of my leftover breast milk to a milk bank that will pasturize it and send it to NICUs to help preemies. I heard about the program through a friend before we had the kids and my kiddos had donor milk the first 48 hours of their lives, so I was thankful to be able to donate and give back to the bank that helped give my little ones life. Tony and I donated four coolers full this weekend and they were logged in this week; I donated 15 gallons. I am amazed that we had that much (and we still have some left at our house for baby cereal and such). Anyway, all my hard work did not go to waste! So thankful and blessed. What a good week.




No comments:

Post a Comment