Sunday, November 9, 2014

Great Grandparents Galore

This weekend we had visitors from Oklahoma, Fort Worth, and Arlington. Tony went to Houston to be with his mom, and I stayed home to take care of the kiddos and my grandparents were in town, so Saturday we had the Great Grandparents out to see the kiddos.

Harper and Jack woke up Saturday morning to some boxes of clothes from Aunt J all the way in Chicago. I went through the boxes Friday night and the kids were excited when they saw the boots that came in the box. Here are some pictures of the kiddos modeling their new foot ware.



Before my family arrive,d we went on a run with Abby in tow. There is a big difference between running with the dog and running with the dog while pushing two kids in a stroller. Did you notice the footwear on these two?

When we got home, the kids took a bath and got ready for our guests- Jack even spent some time waiting by the window.

I think a good time was had by all. Jack has a great time going around the room naming everyone; we clapped each time he got a name right and then he got to where he'd just randomly shout out a name and then clap for himself. He did great with the name game and even knew that my grandparents from Oklahoma (that we only see a few times a year) were "Grandma" and "Grandpa".  Harper also had a good time with the great grandparents moving from lap to lap.




I was sad when I realized I didn't get a picture of Jack with Grandma and Grandpa or Great Granny, but then I saw this picture and realized he was busy when I was taking pictures.

Sunday morning the kids and I met our friends for breakfast and ventured out to the grocery store- we survived and made it home with all the groceries in one piece. The kids ate a good lunch, took a good nap, and then we decided to take Abby for a walk. I took this picture from my point of view so you can see that Jack took a spatula on our walk, and Harper decided to bring "baby" along with us.


We made it back from our walk in time to eat dinner and play for a little while before Tony got home. The kids were so happy to see Tony when he did get home tonight that Harper ran and leapt into his arms. Jack gave Tone a big bear hug and Harper brought her daddy all her Little People toys so they could play.

Overall, we had a fun weekend and I'm thankful Tony made it home safely. Please continue to pray for Debbie and our family- we greatly appreciate it. That's all for tonight- have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment