Thursday, November 13, 2014

Big Kids

I know that I harp on the fact that the kids are growing up so fast, but tonight I went through some old blog posts and I was blown away by how much different they looked even in May than they do now. Harper's hair is so long, and Jack looks like a little boy now- no baby left on that kiddo.

In fact, this week I managed to snap a few pictures of things that made me take a step back and realize just how big Harper and Jack have gotten and how much they've learned, even in the couple of months.

Harper has been into playing pretend a lot lately. She loves to play with her Little People- the doll house especially. Harper also likes to play with her doll (a new discovery in the last few weeks), so Tuesday night when Harper was finished with dinner, she decided to feed her baby. I put the baby in the high chair and handed Harper a spoon- she then asked for a bowl and here are the results:


I couldn't stop shaking my head and smiling; this girl is a sponge just soaking up everything we say and do.

Jack also blew me away this week, but not with something he figured out; rather, it was a way that Jack used his body that surprised me. Jack was sitting on the kitchen floor after dinner the other night looking through a cook book. I looked up to see that he was sitting "cross-legged" on the floor. I rushed for the camera to document the first time I saw Jack sit like a "big kid".  Then tonight at dinner, Jack built a tower out of his bowl and cup- maybe he'll be an architect.

It seems like they are growing and learning a little bit each day. I know I say that almost every post, but that's the beauty of his blog- I can look back and see just how far they've come, and they have come along way- our little miracle babies.
One Year Ago


No comments:

Post a Comment