Thursday, November 6, 2014

Mid Week Update

After all the happenings of Halloween, this week has been pretty low key in terms of the kids' activity. Harper was also still feeling under the weather at the beginning of the week, and the weather was cold and rainy, so the kids spent most of the week playing inside. 

In fact, one of the most "exciting" things that happened this week was Harper's trip to Urgent Care on Monday night. She was throwing a fit because she didn't want to eat the dinner I'd made (pork chops and green beans...remember the post about how much she liked green beans? I guess tastes change day to day here). Harper got so worked up that she started coughing and wouldn't stop whining and refused to eat (all the things she did before she landed in the ER with breathing trouble last spring). So, Tony loaded her up and they went to Urgent Care while I stayed home with Jack. The good news was she had no fever, her blood oxygen level was good, and she stopped her temper tantrum.  The bad news was that she needed some medicine for bronchiolitis. She's been on the medicine for 3 days and is back to her normal self.

Harper's big accomplishment this week was saying her first full sentence. Durinda said that Harper was playing with her straw cup at breakfast and was trying to open the top so the straw would appear- she struggled, but got it done and Durinda said "You did it!" to which Harper replied "I did it!"  I have no idea how Harper knew to change the pronoun from "you" to "I", but she did and she's used "I" in declarative statements a few times this week. 

One more funny Harper story. She was wearing a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt today and she burped very loudly. I made a shocked face and said "who burped?" to which Harper replied "Minnie". Geez- passing the blame already! Jack better watch out, that's for sure.

I did manage to snap a few pictures of the kids this week doing silly and random things. 

We had to remove our fireplace screen and replace it with a baby gate to keep two little ones from climbing inside the fireplace. Now, however, the gate is serving a dual purpose- where do they come up with these things? 

Here is Harper modeling her footie PJ's with the cows. When I pulled them out of the drawer, she yelled "Moo!" Her favorite part is that they zip up- she keeps saying "zip" "zip"


Jack is also sporting the footie jammies in this colder weather. He was on the move!
I took this picture of Jack watching TV tonight because he looks like such a little man with his hands folded behind his back. I've seen my dad stand in front of a few TVs watching Ranger games just like this. Tony thinks he looks like he's in charge when he does this, and Tony calls him "General Jack"

The kids did get out this afternoon and took a walk with Durinda and collected acorns (which Harper proudly showed me when I walked in this afternoon "Mama Nuts!"). Harper also told me at dinner when I asked that she saw "dirt" on the walk- yes, I'm sure she did- silly girl. 

Here's how I spent my evening- what a great way to end the day...


That's all for the kiddos this week. Tony and I would like you to please keep his mom, Debbie, in your prayers. She is not in good health, and she would benefit from your prayerful support. Jack and Harper thank you for keeping their Mimi in your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment