Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Chasing Harper


We have had a crazy week- mostly thanks to Miss Harper who has been climbing, crawling, scooting, and getting stuck in a variety of places. Durinda has been on her toes the past couple of days, and Tony and I have had to play rescue crew a few times. Jack doesn't help the situation because he laughs when Harper gets stuck different places or he crawls over to watch her; Jack makes a good sidekick for Harper's adventures. I'm sure that when they can talk, we'll hear Jack encouraging her to do all sorts of things. So far, Harper has pushed one of the baby gates and found a small opening in the side; she has used this opening to wiggle through and head straight for the stairs. Harp has also cralwed behind the tv, and she's gotten stuck behind a chair. We never know what this little one will do next; I'm also including a picture of her climbing up the baby gate- who knew she was strong enough to do that!
Jack and Harper have also started playing with each other more this week than ever before. It's so neat to see them get excited when their brother/sister wakes up from a nap; they grin and clap and are ready to play. Their favorite thing to do is chase each other around- it makes them giggle and it's so cute; Jack and Harper also love to look out the window and spend time there every afternoon.  I hope they continue to want to play together and have fun with each other.

Aside from chasing the kiddos, we've had a pretty quiet week. Tony has been doing some things around the house, and I've been to the gym three days in a row this week- I'm lucky I can still walk. When I got home from the gym today, both kids were sitting in their high chairs and Tony was cooking dinner. The kids were excited to watch him cook, and he proudly announced I was walking into the "Cooking with Dad Show".  I couldn't help but smile when I saw their smiles and heard Tony talking in his best Julia Childs voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment