Sunday, November 17, 2013

Our Weekend in Pictures

This weekend has flown by and I can't believe it's time to get ready to start another work week. Tony, the kids, and I enjoyed our time together this weekend and we all got to spend some time outside in the beautiful weather.

We started our weekend with a fun walk together- all 5 of us- and we met some neighbors that have a daughter 14 days older than the twins, so it was fun to get to see them interact. When we got home from our walk, we let the kids explore the house while we chased them around. As you can see, Jack and Harper and Abby had fun playing in the pantry; Jack also managed to sneak away long enough to reek havoc in the bathroom.

Saturday morning the kids and I loaded up and headed to Arlington so I could get my haircut and to visit Great Granny in Fort Worth. Jack and Harper had so much fun playing with Granny and seeing all the new things they could get into. Jack loves going outside and he and Granny spent some time walking around the backyard- he was smiling from ear to ear. Harper also like Granny's backyard and was in awe of all the leaves falling from the trees and the sounds of the wind chimes. Inside, the kiddos got to play and got their height measurements put on the door frame in Granny's guest bedroom. This door frame has been in use to measure all the grandkids (and spouses) since 1989, and now my kids have a place on that door frame. I'm just sad my Paw Paw couldn't be the one to put that yardstick up to measure them, but I know he's there in spirit. I'm so glad we got to see Granny, and I'm so thankful for Granny's help so I could get my hair cut.

Sunday we spent our day hanging around the house and taking a walk and watching Harper walk as she pushed a laundry basket (her new skill). Here are a few pictures of today's antics- these kids keep us on our toes, but bring us so much joy and laughter as well. I'm not sure what we did before Jack and Harper, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't as interesting as our weekends are now. Below you will find pictures of Tony's "piano" concert (using the kids' toy piano), and Harper and Jack getting stuck in various places around the house.

Even when we don't have any plans, somehow Tony and I end up exhausted on Sunday nights. I am ready to crawl into bed and rest so I can be up early tomorrow to see what new things the kiddos learn next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment