Sunday, October 6, 2013

Weekend Wedding

The Frisco Colletts packed up this weekend and headed to Arlington to celebrate the wedding of one of my best friends, Lindsay. She and I have been friends for close to twenty years, and I was very blessed to be included in the wedding. So, while Tony and I were doing wedding things, Nana and Pop kept Harper and Jack, and Great Granny and Aunt Becky kept them so we could all go to the wedding. Here's a picture of Tony and I from the big night- so fun!
While we were in Arlington, the kids spent their time playing and exploring the house, they both really enjoy going outside, and Nana and Pop even took them for a walk. We went to church Sunday morning- the kids were so well behaved. Jack sat next to Tony and was very interested in crinkling the paper of church bulletin, while Harper sat with me and played with her carseat the majority of the time. Both kids loved watching people come by and smile at them, they smiled back and babbled with enthusiasm. 
Look Mimi- She's in tights!
When we got home from church, we had lunch, and I was giving Harper a little bit of my food off of my finger when I noticed...she cut a tooth!  I know she didn't have a tooth poking through on Saturday morning when I gave her her medicine, but by Sunday and lunch, it had appeared. We thought this might explain why Harper threw a huge fit while Great Granny and Aunt Becky were keeping the kids on Saturday night. I think it's pretty funny that Harper cut her tooth first because the pediatrician told us a week ago that Jack would have a tooth "any day now" but Harper was "further behind her brother"- she fooled the doctor. 
We got home from Arlington this afternoon and did somethings around the house. I looked up to find the kids playing with each other (and Harper sitting down), so I thought I needed to document this moment. I also documented the aftermath...not sure how this happened, but while I was getting Harper in her high chair, Jack ended up like this...

I also thought I would get some pictures of the kids eating tonight because they're doing a few new things. First, they now eat "puffs"- some rice puffed cereal that they can pick up themselves. Here's a picture of Harper with a puff in her mouth- I thought it looked like two hillbilly front teeth!
The kids are also drinking water now out of a sippy cup and both seem to be figuring out how to get the cup to their mouths by themselves. We're still working on drinking without spilling everything or letting it all run out of their mouths. 
Harper has also decided that she likes to bite the spoon when she eats- I couldn't resist posting this one.
Here are a couple of other shots from our trip to Nana and Pop's- enjoy!
This dress has pockets!
My handsome date

Playing with Nana
Playing with Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment