Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekend Update

I want to begin this post by looking back. Two years ago today, February 22nd, Jack came home.  Tony and I were so worried that we wouldn't know what to do with this little guy that was entrusted to our care. Here we are two years later, and I can't imagine life without your smile, Jack-man. Momma is so proud of the little boy you're becoming and I am so thankful everyday that I get to "cuddle, cuddle" with you and know that you are home.



Okay, now on to our fun stuff this weekend. The kiddos and I took a trip to Target where Harper found the co-part to Jack's Daniel Tiger stuffed animal- her name is Katerina the cat...guess who we came home with...

So, now instead of just hearing Daniel Tiger singing, we also get Katerina's accompaniment as well, and Harper has already learned the song she sings.

In addition to acquiring a new friend this weekend, we also went on an adventure to buy a new dishwasher. Who knew the kids would like Lowe's so much?  They were so excited to look at the floor model dishwashers, dryers, and ovens. They also got to sit at the counter while we worked out the details of our purchase, and they played with the credit card machines; Jack kept pressing buttons and saying "order, order!" 


Jack also found a bench just his size on our way out- I would sit on a bench with this boy any day.


Harper also let me do her hair- something Durinda has been working on. Harper was so patient with me, and I think this little bow head looks pretty good for a mom who has no "hair fixing" experience.

We spent the remainder of the day Saturday playing at the house, taking Abby for a run, and then going up to our gym. The gym moved to a bigger place and Tony spent his free time this weekend helping our friends get the new place ready, so the kids and I went up to hang out for a little while Saturday night. Harper and Jack were excited to get to see their friends Madeline and Braydon, and, thankfully, they didn't get break any thing or get in the way too often.

Sunday Harper requested pancakes, and we were out of syrup (she mater-of-factly told me "go to the store and get more"), so we deiced to go for breakfast with our little family. The weather was cold and rainy, and we were seated in a tucked away little corner booth. The kids were adorable eating their pancakes, drinking hot chocolate, and chatting with us. Breakfasts like that are moments I wish I could freeze and relive over and over. 

After breakfast we ran to the grocery store (along with the rest of our neighbors) and then hustled the kids back into the van in the rain and zoomed home to watch Mickey Mouse and have smoothies for lunch. The kids took naps, Skyped with Papa, and we had a great family dinner of chili and cornbread before giving the kids a bath and tucking them in their nice warm beds. I am so thankful on cold nights like this that we are blessed with a roof over our head and food on our table. 



To end the blog tonight, here are a couple of pictures of two of my favorite guys snuggling after nap time this afternoon, and a picture of my favorite girl playing with her daddy earlier this week, and our newest book worm, Abby girl!  I love them. Thank you, God, for our blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment