Thursday, February 5, 2015

Finally Well

The first weeks of 2015 have not been our favorite in terms of health and stress levels, but I am very happy to announce that the kiddos have felt much better this week. We have gone nine days without any sickness to speak of and for that, I am truly grateful.


Tony and the kids and I didn't do anything of note this weekend and that was great! We were very happy to go to dinner Friday night,  to spend some time shopping at Costco on Sunday, and to do a whole lot of nothing in between.



We did watch the Super Bowl with the kids and Jack predicted the Patriots would win. Of course, they didn't get to see the whole game, but both kids were quick to tell us that football was on TV and they liked playing ball while they watched the game.


I also spent a fair amount of time cooking- I'm learning that eating at home is much better and, in some ways, easier than grabbing a bite out, so I'm trying to learn how to cook new things that my family likes. Here are some pictures of Harper helping me make blueberry muffins this weekend- this girl has decided that she will be my sous chef anytime I need one, and how can I turn down this face?





This rest of the week has been busy with school/work and getting items ready for a consignment sale. We decided to consign most of the kids' infant clothes, their old car seats, and a few random items (like infant bathtubs). I am excited to get the baby stuff out of the house, but getting things ready to sell was a bigger job than I initially thought it would be. Here's hoping all the hard work pays off and we will sell some of our items.

Amid the busy week we did find time to play together as a family- something I know the kids love. When Tony got home from work Monday night, I was in the midst of cooking dinner, and the kids were playing. They heard Tony come in and turned their attention to their daddy who played all sorts of games with them; their favorite game being "chase". Tony will chase Jack through the house and Jack will squeal and run and laugh. When Tony tries to end the game, Jack will say "more chasin'! more chasin'!" Harper has even gotten in on the game and she likes to run around with the boys too.

Catch is the other game that's become popular in our house. Harper has gotten really good at holding her arms out and catching a tennis ball, and Jack can throw the ball really well- they'd make a good team. When they were playing catch the other night, Jack threw the ball and hit Harper square in the face; Tony was worried Harper was hurt, but she just laughed it off. I think we're going to have a tough girl on our hands.

I also snapped a few random play shots this week- so thankful for the kids to be feeling much better and  up and playing.



The best news to report this week, though, is that the kids are getting their appetites back and chowing down each day. I bought them some French toast sticks for breakfast and they are loving those. Durinda said this morning both kids ate a whole bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, and Jack has been putting away bananas like he's a little monkey. I made sloppy joe's last night and both kids had multiple helpings- Harper ate three bowls!

I also wanted to include some pictures in this post that Tony took of the kids pre sickness when they were playing at the park- so happy and so fun- I'm ready for more days like this!





This weekend we have a full schedule including out of town visitors and party plans- here's hoping we all stay well and can enjoy our time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment