Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Happy Birthday, Pop

This weekend the kids and I ventured out to Arlington to help my dad celebrate his birthday. Tony was out of town for the weekend, so the kids and I went out a little early on Saturday and spent the night Saturday night. It was nice to get to spend some time with my family, and there was the added bonus of help with the kids and cone-head Abby while Tony was gone.

One of the kids' favorite things to do is play outside, so we played outside Saturday afternoon at Nana and Pop's house. Jack and Harper both helped water flowers, though Harper grew tired of it quickly, Jack followed my mom all over the yard helping out.

Even Abby girl enjoyed the warm weather and basking in the sun.

Saturday night we went to dinner at one of Dad's favorite restaurants. The kids got to share a table on the end, and they were so well-behaved; they ate a good dinner and didn't have any melt-downs- way to go!


When we got back from dinner, Aunt Becky had a few gifts for the kids; Harper and Jack loved their dolly and drum, and are actually playing with them now while I'm typing this blog.



The kids also got to have some of Pop's birthday cake before they went to bed. As you can see, they both enjoyed the cake, and my dad requested a gluten free cake, so I got to enjoy it too- thanks, Dad!
Uncle Rex said this picture right here show's the difference between boys and girls- ha!
Sunday morning we got up and went to church with Nana and Pop. Here are some shots of the kids at church. I love the one of Harper and Pop in the hallway.



We had a great weekend and were glad we could help celebrate. Happy Birthday, Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment