Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What We've Been Up To

I know that I've fallen off  of my normal blogging schedule, but I'm working to get back on track so the kids will have a chronicle of their summer; thank you for bearing with me!

When we returned home from the beach, Tony and I decided that it was time to give the little ones some more running space, so we took down the gate that kept them enclosed in the living room, moved some furniture, reinforced the gate on the stairs, and let the kids have the run of the downstairs.

It has now been a week since the "run free" experience was first introduced, and the kids are finally getting used to their new territory and they're caring less and less about looking at all the "new things" are going back to playing with their favorite toys. For a time, I thought that all they would do was run back and forth, but I think that's finally getting old.

As for the rest of the family, Tony has been working hard at work- it's a busy time for them- but he really likes the company he is with and feels valued there. I am counting down the days until the curriculum writing process is done and I can go back to being a "Stay-At-Home Summer Mom", and Abby is learning to tolerate the kids a bit more (punctuated by long afternoon naps outside in the sun).

Here are some pictures of what we've been up to lately: the kids dressed to go out to a nice dinner (they both look so grown-up here- I can't believe they're almost 18 months old), Harper throwing a temper-tantrum (epic tantrums are in our future, for sure), and a few candid shots of a "typical" weekend afternoon at our house (Harper listening to music on her daddy's phone, the kids playing in their room, the whole family camped out in the hallway reading books). I hope you enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment