Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Party People

This weekend the Frisco Colletts packed up and headed south to visit to the West Colletts. It was Emmy's first birthday and we were happy to be able to help her celebrate. The kids had a great time playing in the backyard, testing out all of Emmy's toys, and chowing down on hamburgers, watermelon, and cupcakes. I think it's great that the cousins are so close in age, and I hope the kids will be close growing up.

Here are some cute pictures of the kids exploring the house during the party. Harper really liked the full length mirror (something we don't have), and rolling watermelons around the kitchen floor. Jack enjoyed eyeing all of Emmy's presents; I was pleased with the restraint my little ones showed- they only tried to pull the tissue paper out of one bag.

When we got home from West, I pent the rest of the weekend gearing up for the end of school. Teachers had to work two days this week, despite students being done last Friday, so I've been shuffling between the deep desire to be at home celebrating summer, with the need for me to tie up loose ends at work. While I've been at work, the kids have been learning so much, for instance, Harper climbed up on the couch all by herself for the first time today. Jack also realized that he is tall enough to reach the door handle for the back door (thank goodness he hasn't tried to open it yet). The kids are also starting to play together much more often; they're even holding hands at dinner and feeding each other bites from their plates and laughing. I hope that these two stay close as they get older; they're so fun together!
I also wanted to share two adorable pictures from the kids trip to our friend's house for the day. Our friends have a brand new baby and a 2 year old. Harper and Jack loved playing with the two year old (and really liked her slide) and Harper was interested in seeing the new baby. We are so lucky to have friends for our kids to grow up with.

I can't wait to start enjoying my summer, updating the blog more regularly, and taking more walks and spending more time with these guys- come on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment