Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mid-Week Office Visit

This week has been a good week in the Collett household. The weather has been nice, we've enjoyed two wagon rides already (and it's only Wednesday), and today I got a rare treat- I got to spend the day with the kids while Durinda took off. 

The kids slept in a little bit this morning and woke up with smiles on their faces and we played until breakfast; it sure beat running out the door to make it to my 8am class. Because the kids slept in, Tony didn't get to see them before he left for work, so the kids and I decided to go meet him for lunch. I explained to the kids that we were going to see Daddy's new office and I put them in some nice clothes and they were excited; Harper kept squealing when I would say "we're going to see Daddy!" 

The kids did a great job at lunch and tried everything we put in front of them. After lunch we went to Tony's office and checked out his new place. The kids really enjoyed looking out the window (floor to ceiling windows made them very happy), and playing on Tony's computer; Jack even added a meeting to Tony's calendar (whoops!). 

I feel so blessed to be able to spend the day with the kids; it was the recharge that I needed to be able to head back to work and finish out this grading period. It seems like the days in February and early March drag until Spring Break gets here. I can't wait to have a whole week off with these little ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment