Sunday, September 15, 2013

New Skills

I spent this evening on the living room floor rolling around with the kids. We sang silly songs, clapped, giggled, made funny noises with our tounges, and smiled a lot- a whole lot. I don't know what I did to be able to have these little moments, but I thank God that amid all the stress, the schedules, the trying to "get it right" as parents, that I have the opprotunity to savor these glimpses of goodness.

Here are some pictures of our weekend, punctuated by both Jack and Harper doing something new. Jack is now a clapper- he claps along when another person claps and grins like it is just the best thing. This new found skill has caused me to want to spend all evening singing any song that I can think of that invovles clapping.
Harper's new skill is a refinement of her crawling. She has gone from an "army crawl" to a conventional "all fours" crawl. This has helped Harper with her speed, and now that girl can crawl- fast, and this speed has allowed Harper to crawl further than ever before. While Tony and I were getting ready to head to my parent's house Saturday afternoon, Harper crawled from the living room into our bathroom, much to our surprise. I suppose we need to baby proof the rest of our house this week because when Harper reaches any piece of furniture, she pulls up.

We also spent the night with Nana and Pop on Saturday and went to brunch after church Sunday morning. Harper was awake when we walked in and happily got to sit in a high chair. She was such a cuttie eating applesauce and avacados like a champ. Jack slept in his car seat until we were about ready to leave and then Harper started playing with his toes. I hope they always want to play together and enjoy each other's company.

Here are two "bonus pictures" of the kids- some silly shots. The first one is of Jack watching Abby eat; Abby is still getting used to having a fan club. The second picture is of Harper taking a bath; this is the way she prefered to sit and spent the whole time like this. I had to pry her hands off the side of the tub to get her out! Silly girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment