Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Harper and Jack,

Two years ago today your dad and I embarked on our biggest adventure- expanding our family by 20 little fingers and 20 little toes. I had felt grumpy all morning and like something just wasn't "right", but I thought I was having a mood swing and getting antsy from being bed ridden. Little did we know when we made plans for brunch to be brought by the hospital that the two of you would be making your debut. That morning was the scariest morning of my life thus far; your dad and I were worried that the birthing process would be hard for you, and we didn't know how you would fair in the real world so soon- too soon.

But, Jack and Harper, you proved your fighting spirits from the moment you took your first breaths. Hearing your cries were music to our ears, and now, even 24 months later, I still remind myself when you're crying that those cries are a welcome noise and at one time we didn't know if we'd ever hear them.

This year you have both learned so many new things: you run and chase each other (and daddy); you're  feeding yourselves so well; you try a variety of foods- even some that we're sure you won't eat, but you end up liking them anyway; you both love to read books and watch Sesame Street, and you know so many words- even three word phrases. You constantly surprise us with new sayings, new ideas, and new expressions that make your dad and I laugh and stand in awe of how curious and smart you are.

Harper and Jack, I am so proud that you are my children. Your dad and I have been blessed in so many ways, and every day I thank God that we were blessed to be chosen as your Mama and Daddy. The two of you are the most beautiful gifts these eyes have ever seen and I cannot wait to see what the next year has in store for us. 

Two years ago today at approximately 1:15 pm, our lives were changed forever in the best way possible. We love you both so much and wish you the very happiest of birthdays Miss Harper and Jackman!! Happy, happy 2nd birthday my loves!!

Here's a shot of the birthday boy and girl in their big kid booster seats at lunch today- the days are long, but my how fast the years fly by!


No comments:

Post a Comment