Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Many Faces of Harper

Tony and I have been amazingly blessed with two gorgeous kids who are wonderful all the way around (I'm not bias or anything) :)  But tonight, I want to focus specifically on one little girl who stole our hearts two and 1/2 years ago when we first saw her curled up on a sonogram screen.

We knew little Harper would be a fighter from the word "go", but we never dreamed how imaginative and quick witted and warm and funny this little girl could be. I look at her in awe and wonder how in the world she learns things so quickly and how in the world I'm ever going to keep with her.

Harper said a three word phrase yesterday "More Animal Crackers!" and I beamed at her- my little miracle girl who surprises me with little things- like putting her baby doll on her changing pad to change her diaper, or singing along to a song with me tonight. The little things that she does, the moments when she runs over and climbs on my lap, or squeals with delight when she sees Tony- those moments are my favorite moments with her.

Here are some funny pictures of my girl over the past week:

She thought eating her snack with her daddy's hat on was so funny. She would peek out from underneath the hat and then laugh and laugh.


Harper has also been working on buckles. She will sit for 5 minutes and work on the buckle of her booster chair or the buckle on the stroller- her favorite though is the buckle on the changing pad. When she gets frustrated with it, we have to remind her that buckling something can be hard and she needs to keep working with it.  Earlier this week I caught her on camera working; when she got the buckle done she excitedly proclaimed, "I did it!"

Harper was also insistent on wearing her rain boots tonight, so I tried to get her to stand in front of the tree and take a picture (I think the boots and the leggins are so cute). Harper stood in front of the tree and smiled and then said "cheeseburger!"  What a silly girl!


As we were looking through the Christmas Tree pictures, I snapped a few of Harper making silly faces while sitting on my lap. She is such a fun little girl and Tony and Jack and I are so lucky to have her in our lives.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment