Sunday, March 23, 2014

Whirlwind Weekend

We have had a whirl wind of weekend and, I'm afraid, we have a long week ahead of us. Harper spiked a fever this afternoon and has been coughing and sneezing up a storm. I thought, somehow, she had avoided getting the cold that Jack, Tony, and I all had- oh, my naivety- she hadn't escaped it, just caught the tail end of it. I went ahead and gave her a nebulizer treatment (I am not running any risk with wheezing and a girl who had lung disease) and some Motrin. I hope she's feeling better in the morning. Here's a picture of her snuggled up with her dad after her breathing treatment tonight- poor little, Punkin'.
Our weekend leading up today was very busy including both Tony and I doing some yard work. Tony weeded and mulched and trimmed up the front flower bed and I cut back our front rose bushes; he did twice the work I did and the front yard looks much better now. Friday night we got the house ready because Saturday we hosted a baby shower for our good friends who are having a baby boy in May. Our place was packed with adults and kids alike. I don't think Tony nor I sat down the entire party and Jack and Harper were on the move the whole time too. The party was great; we got to see some friends we hadn't seen in quite a while, and I think everyone had a good time. The kiddos were excited to have so much going on, but were wiped out when we finally put them to bed.

We spent today recovering, picking up, and running some errands. One of our stops was the grocery store, and despite the fact that Tony and I went our separate ways to retrieve different items on the list, Tony was quick to find me because our screeching child was like a homing beacon. Jack has decided, in the past few days, that the best way to express himself is to squeal/screech loudly- oh so loudly- over and over again. When we tell him "no", he laughs and then squeals again; when we ignore him, he continues to squeal...I think we are going to invest in some good ear plugs.

I was so busy playing hostess at the baby shower that I didn't get any pictures, but I did get a few shots of the kids on the way to the bath tub Saturday afternoon. They were laughing and chasing each other and having a great time. As is the case, most of the time, when one would look at the camera, the other would look away- go figure!  Please say a prayer for Harper tonight for a speedy recovery and lots of good rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment