Monday, April 7, 2014

Great Grandparents and Tea Parties

The twins and Tony and I were lucky enough to get some "Great" visitors this weekend! My Grandpa and Mama Reba came down from Oklahoma to see the kiddos and my Granny came over to visit as well, along with Nana and Pop. The kids had a great time entertaining all the visitors and receiving so much attention. Here are some of my favorite shots; I think it's incredible that Harper and Jack have three great grandparents that are living, and they got to see all three on the same day.





I think that the grandparents (5 including Nana and Pop) had a good time chasing the kids around. When Nana and Pop got here, my mom went in to get Harper from her nap and she looked at my mom and said "Nana!" I think that made my mom's day and it made the hour long drive to our house worth it for her.  The kids weren't too sure what to think of Grandpa and Mama Reba when they first arrived; the kids are cautious of new faces now, but they warmed up to them quick and Harper and Jack were hamming it up for them in no time.

We went to lunch, played at the house, and the kids took a nap (I'm sure the adults wished they could take a nap too). It was a nice afternoon, but it went by too quickly and I wish we would've had more time to spend together. I guess this means the kids and I will need to do a little traveling this summer to Fort Worth and Tahlequah.

When our visitors left, we went to a birthday party for one of Jack and Harper's friends; she was turning two and the party had just enough cake and ice cream and toys to wear our kids out. Tony and I were very thankful for an early bedtime on Saturday and a low key Sunday afternoon. There's something very calming about hanging out at home to close out the weekend. Here are a few random pictures of our Sunday. I hope everyone has a great week!

Here are some individual shots of the kiddos; it's so neat to see how much they've changed, even in the last few months; they are starting to look more and more like little kids and less and less like babies.




We also had an impromptu tea party Sunday afternoon that was so cute and fun to be a part of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment