Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So Far, So Good

Tony started his new job on Monday and he seems to be enjoying it- so far, so good! This new job has come with a new schedule that we're trying to adjust to. Tony leaves for work before I do now, so Durinda comes to the house earlier and it's fun to see the kids squeal and smile when she gets here. I've been trying to get as much done as I can at night to minimize the morning rush-so far, so good.

 Tony also gets home from work later in the evening than he did when he worked for his previous employer. The new afternoon schedule means that our gym schedule has been revised a bit and, subsequently, I have more time at home than Tony does. So, I put myself in charge of dinner this week. I made meatloaf on Monday (with plenty of leftovers) and pecan encrusted chicken tonight. I also re-arranged the living room furniture a bit, which caused me to pull out the vacuum. The kids were enthralled with the vacuum; it struck me that I was a horrible role model- here they were 13 months old and had never really seen a vacuum before (we clean while they're sleeping). The were excited to see the vacuum in action.


Aside from cooking and cleaning, you can call me Donna Reed :), the kids and I also had a chance to take advantage of the beautiful weather today and get out for a walk. We have had such a long winter that I was basking in the warmth of 51 degrees this afternoon when I knew that Abby needed to get out and strut in the sunshine. The kids were so excited when I put their coats and shoes on them and pulled out the wagon. Abby is still getting accustomed to walking next to the wagon, but she was a pretty good sport today and tempered her speed,  though I know she wanted to take off and get out all her energy. Here's a picture of my view on the walk today.
I'll sign off tonight with a couple of shots of the kids this week just hanging around- it's the small stuff that I don't want to forget like the time Jack tried to play Mr. Fixit with the music table ("someone hand me a wrench!") or Harper's posture- she looks like a little girl and not a baby anymore. I also want to remember these two yahoos playing together and sharing and laughing at each other and recognizing each other as buddies. I like this whole 1 year old business- so far, so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment