Sunday, December 15, 2013

Relaxing Weekend

This weekend we recovered. This has been a very stressful year for us and the last month or so has turned our house into a pressure cooker. This weekend, without any plans or places we had to be, we finally got a chance to relax and de-stress a little bit.  Here's Harper's self-portrait to start our blog...
Saturday morning I was awoken at 6:15 to a little man singing "doo doot doo" over the monitor. I smiled and crawled out of bed to go grab Jack. While we waited for the water to warm for his bottle, Jack and I danced around the kitchen and he laughed and grinned- it was a great way to start my Saturday morning. I got Jack fed and then heard Harper moving around, so I went in and got her up and we played and let Tony sleep in. It was fun to get to spend some time with my little ones in the morning without having to rush out the door to work.

Saturday afternoon we ran a couple of errands and had dinner with some friends, and then I crawled into bed at 8:45. Tony was incredulous that I was in bed before 9pm, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and it felt so good to get some much needed sleep. In fact, I woke up at 11:45 and thought I'd slept all night- ha!

Thankfully, the kids slept until 7 this morning, so I missed Jack's early morning singing, but he still danced with his momma while he waited for his bottle. This afternoon we ran some errands and took the kids up to Costco to get a few things. I remember reading on a twin mom page that Costco has double carts, so I was excited to try it out- sure enough, both kiddos fit side by side. This was Harper's first time to ride in a cart and I think she liked it.  Both kids were interested in putting items in the cart, and Jack wanted to try every sample they were handing out.

Our next stop after Costco was a local bakery- Three Dog Bakery in Little Elm. The bakery is owned by a lady I teach with and they were having Santa pictures, so we decided to drop by with Abby. Here's her shot- I was surprised that she sat next to Santa with minimal coercion and I was surprised she looked at the camera. The kids liked to see the other dogs in the bakery, and Abby liked the free treats they were handing out- it was a win all the way around. We'll have to go back.

When we got home, the kids were ready to run around and play and, after a few months of having a pretty solid barrier between the kids and the fireplace, Harper finally figured out how to scale the wall. She was very proud of herself and Tony and I are now back to the drawing board.

Overall, it was a very nice weekend and I'm counting down the days (5 more) until I'm off work for a couple of weeks and get to spend all day with the ones I love the most. On our agenda this week is a trip to see Santa, so look for Santa pictures shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment