Sunday, May 17, 2015

Operation Graduation

Harper and Jack have been cracking us up this week with their silly jokes, funny songs, and the way they interact with each other. Jack has been talking in full sentences all week long and he's come up with all sorts of things that surprise us. For instance, we were Skyping with Papa tonight and Papa was wearing a hat and so was Jack. Jack looked at Papa and said "I am the little one. You are the big one." :)

Harper has also been singing and dancing all over the place this week. We went to the store and as we were holding hands walking in, Harper started singing "stop and listen to stay safe" when she saw a car coming. She also does solo performances of "Itsy Bitsy Spider" at a moments notice.


On Thursday, I left my two crazy little ones with Tony and I hopped on a plane and winged my way to Fort Collins, Colorado to watch my brother, Tanner, walk the stage at his college graduation.



Tanner graduated on Friday morning with a degree in civil engineering, and my mom, dad, uncle Gary and I were there to cheer him on.  They graduation was just the school of engineering, so ti wasn't terribly long, and the key note speaker did a great job. Tanner made it across the stage without falling, and we all met up afterwards for some pictures before the rain came through.



We had a great visit and I got to meet all of Tanner's friends, see the big city of Fort Collins, take a quick tour of the CSU campus, do some shopping, eat some great food, and get home in time to fall asleep in my own bed Saturday night.
Go Rams!

A local bookstore poster- my kind of day
While I was in Fort Collins, I got some souvenirs for the kiddos. Jack has been really into hats lately and I found a CSU Rams hat that I thought he would really like. From the moment I pulled the hat out of my suitcase this afternoon, Jack has been all about the hat- he even wanted to put it on after his bath!

Harper, on the other hand, was indifferent about her tie-dye shirt. She didn't even want to try it on for a picture. So, I suppose I'll put in the drawer and see if I can sell her on it later this week, or next week.

I know Tony was happy to see me when I got home (my flight out of Denver got canceled; I had to rebook by flight, and I got home about 3 hours later than expected). Tone was worried about having the kids by himself for a few days, but he had nothing to worry about- he did a great job! When we Skyped or talked on the phone, the kids were always happy and laughing. Tony was even brave enough to take Harper and Jack to the donut shop to try donuts for the first time. He said they both loved it and were covered in chocolate from head to toe.

So, that was our weekend. I can't believe that my little brother is now a CSU alumna- congratulations, Tanner! I can't wait to see what big adventures lie ahead for you! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment