Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hair Cut Cutties

If you regularly read this blog, I know that you're wondering why I haven't posted all week. The older the twins seem to get, the shorter the days are and the quicker they seem to get away from me. I woke up today and realized I hadn't posted all week and I realized I had to make this a priority tonight.

So, this past weekend we were BUSY! Friday night Tony and I spent time getting ready for the twins' birthday party on Saturday. We picked up, cleaned up, and finally put ourselves to bed worn out and ready to rest. Tony worked so hard Friday afternoon that he even got on his hands and knees and scrubbed all our baseboards!

Saturday morning rolled around and we up bright and early. Tony and I both hit the ground running- he   started doing things around the house, and I loaded up the kids and we headed to get our haircut. Our first stop was Nana and Pop's for a morning snack and to pick up our helpers for the haircut outing: Nana and Great Granny.

Jack and Harper both did great getting their haircut. I went first and while I was getting my haircut, Jack came over and said "my turn, my turn!" So, Jack got to go next. Deb got a new drape that fits the kids just right, and Jack was interested in looking at all the hair that was falling. Harper also liked the new drape and liked to look at the people and animals all over it.



Nana and Granny were so helpful keeping one kiddo occupied while the other kiddo was in the chair, and between the three of us, we kept both Harper and Jack calm, happy, and smiling. Nana and Granny were nice enough to walk around the salon with the kids, play, and even read some magazines.

Here are the results of the haircut trip:

Tony had been coaching Jack to request a "mohawk", so here's what Deb came up with...

and here's what the final product really looked like....


Harper's haircut also turned out beautifully; Deb took off two inches and she still has enough hair for pigtails- this girl grows hair quick!


When we left, the kids were happy and calm and ready to show off their new do's. Thank you, Deb, for the wonderful haircuts!


We went to Nana's for lunch, and then the kids and I hopped in the car and headed home just in time to change clothes for their birthday party. I'm going to save the birthday party pictures for the next post because there are so many of them. We had such a busy weekend, but it was very fun. Stay tuned for party pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment